Saturday 21 April 2018

Analyzing Titanic and Mars Argo music videos with the lawsuit

I wanted to write a blog about the music that was mentioned in the TMZ's copy of the Mars Argo Vs. Titanic and Poppy lawsuit. I will link the lawsuit copy at the end of this article. First I am going to post the video that inspired this blog and I will continue on by interpreting what these songs now mean to me, now that we have more context.


I also want to say I do not in any way condone Titanic's actions and I send out love with a heavy heart to Mars.


This video highlights only a few of many things that Mars endured as she had to leave this extremely abusive relationship.

What I got from this song was that he got so jealous that his friends liked her more, he talks about how she has done nothing all year and now she is on holiday in New York taking a break. Honestly, it seems that she may have wanted a break from Titanic at this point. He seems overly attached and in a psychosis that what he was doing was not wrong which I actually feel bad for him for. He clearly needs help mentally.. I see that there is a HUGE co-dependancy. But in the reports, it states that he cheated on her which caused her not to be with him anymore. I can't wrap my head around "how much he loved her" but still hurting her so much, not only when he was still in her life but afterward. Making his life's mission to destroy her career. It is like that story of the ex-boyfriend who kills his ex-girlfriend because "If I can't have her no one will". The whole thing is TERRIFYING.

So in this song, he makes fun of Mars for having a trust fund and how she has such a perfect life and so on. The way he sings and dances to this song really just makes him look like a big jealous kid. I get the whole anxiety thing and maybe he needed to make this song to get it off his chest. It seemed to be the main thing in his mind so its no wonder why he made a song about it. But releasing it in spite of Mars is just sad.. But I can't really blame him for it. Just look at Paramore for one and also Tegan and Sara. (not putting them on blast they are 3 of my favorite artists.) Both those bands have multiple songs about stalking and being overly attached partners and what not. Within music like this is what the person is feeling inside at the time of writing it. Only just knowing the full story now I can't help but feel this ugliness. I guess that's the point? #art



This is the last music video Mars had ever released befor she went she disapeared from the internet. This is so weird.. When I had no idea that this was all happening I remember watching this for the first time and almost analyzing facial expressions and so on. I always do that on the first look. I really just want to know what the emotion is that is trying to be conveyed in any sort of media. I remember this one glint of footage where he just looks at her a certain way. I remember thinking to myself "wow.. he REALLY loves her". But this was around the time that things were ending and what not. This is literally the last bit of content they released together... Releasing something right after you break up with someone especially someone who cheated and was manipulative... And this video is so good! I understand why they ended up releasing it anyways. But I can't help but think of all the stuff that happened during this time. The break-ins, the assaults, the horrible torment all resulting in her being diagnosed with PTSD. It's so eery watching it back now..


On a total side note. WTH is Poppy doing supporting someone like Titanic, was this the way she thought was the only way to get famous or something? And the way that she publicly reacts to stuff when people bring it up is pretty gross. In the report it states that Titanic and Poppy enroll in a Japanese school that they knew Mars was already attending. People keep saying that Poppy might be a victim in all of this as well but she had time to jump ship before it went this far. I view poppy in a new light and I am disgusted. I almost can't wait to see what she has to say for her self.


This document is 44 pages, so much to cover.

If you liked this blog and want to see another one like it involving Poppy mocking Mars with her new video "the boogie" click this link!

No comments:

Post a Comment